February 16, 2014

STANDING-UP TO THE WEIGHT...: Five Gold Stars!!!
Starring:

 Mark Wahlberg as the lead character Marcus Luttrell.

Taylor Kitsch as Michael Murphy

Emile Hirsch as Danny Dietz

Ben Fosteras as Matt 'Axe' Axelson

What I thought:

A team of four Navy Seals are send into the mountains called Sawtalo Sar to try to catch and or kill Taliban leader Ahmad Shah but quickly things go wrong and the team is out numbered  10 to 1 or more.  The Seals fight for several days, with only one Seal coming home.

The gun fights in this movie are the most realistic I have seen with very real looking bullet impact effects and blood gore. Also, it is rare to see the good guys get shot and killed but the film makers did not skip out on equal gore happening to the lead characters, which makes Lone Wolf my top war movie pick to date for realism.

All four lead Actors did a great job in this movie and you will quickly get the impression that they were really good friends and brothers in war.  I have to admit Emile Hirsch who played Danny Dietz was kind of hard to believe at first because I so fondly remember him in Into The Wild. But the quickly went away at the first gun fight scene.

Throughout the movie I was at the edge of my seat and felt every emotion the movie was giving. For my review I give Lone Wolf 5 out of 5 stars. Well done.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!